PATTERN MAKING AND SEWING
Duration: Series of 8 workshops; Conducted on weekday nights, twice a week
Interested in fashion design as a hobby? Sick and tired of wearing ill-fitted clothes? Keen to make a career change? This series of Fashion Design short courses helps to expose participants to the world of Fashion Design through simple projects such as the construction of skirts and blouses. Learn to create unique pieces to fit your own form or for your family and friends.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students whose native language is not English must submit evidence of proficiency in the language. Students must meet the minimum English Standard as stipulated below to commence their registered Advanced Diploma/Bachelor/Master courses with Raffles College of Higher Education.
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses|
|Advanced Diploma (2 Years)||Bachelor of Commerce (Top Up)
Applicable to students with Diploma / Higher NITEC / NITEC or equivalent (based on Recognition of Prior Learning)
|Master of Commerce (1 Year)|
|English Speaking Countries||Non-English Speaking Countries|
|Course is undertaken solely in the English Language||The study was completed in an institution which is listed in the International Handbook of Universities, World Higher Education Database, UK Naric Database or AEI NOOSR guides and is conducted and examined solely in the English Language|
|The College reserves the right to verify applicant's standard of English through English Placement test for applicants applying through Part B. (*Only applicable to RCDC Programmes)|
|Students who do not meet the minimum requirement as stipulated above will need to take the Raffles College of Higher Education's English Placement Test|
For All the Certificate Programmes
The minimum age requirement is 16-years of age.
- Introduction to Fashion Accessories – design influences, styles and trends, colour theory
- Demonstration of metal wire beading
- Application Project - Earring
- Presentation and demonstration of filligree and flat designs - creativity process, translating designs from paper to actual medium, embellishment and finishing techniques.
- Application project - Neck Piece
- Instructor-led demonstration of construction and sewing of a basic clutch bag
- Techniques and mediums used to enhance sewn projects
- Application project - Clutch Bag