KUALA LUMPUR – Raffles Kuala Lumpur’s graduate Moto KEEK Wen Han’s collection was showcased in the “Amazon Fashion Week TOKYO”, which is a fashion festival, during where the trends for the next season are derived from the latest collections, that are unveiled at fashion shows and exhibitions. The fashion week held in Tokyo is hosted by the Japan Fashion Week Organization (JFW Organization) and held twice a year in March and October.
The aim of the event is to become the gateway for success in the world for new designers, alongside being the starting point for co-operation between designers, manufacturers and apparel retailers, and make Tokyo more fashionable and enjoyable for everyone.
Kinder ENG Khai Wai & Moto KEEK Wen Han
Raffles graduate, Moto KEEK Wen Han founded an eponymous label in 2015, named Moto Guo, together with his business partner, Jay and accompanied by his alter ego, Kinder.
Initially a menswear label, Moto Guo is the brainchild of Moto’s endless yet intricate brainstormed ideas that are a combination of both his and Kinder’s concepts. Moto’s individuality and sensitivity towards core functionality opposes and yet complements Kinder’s sentimental philosophy and visions.
Initially, he was spotted by the early stockists from Japan and the UK while working creatively with a Malaysia based designer label, Yii. The exhilarated that was derived from this chapter of his life, instigated him to start working individually.
His belief is both direct and simple, as he relates himself to his works, creating the sincerest form of expression and honesty. It could be a story, a message to his viewers, or simply just a pure array of his love for lines and shapes; nevertheless, each collection portrays traces of his character, in which he portrays sensibility and a hint of cynicism.
Here are some of his accomplishments:
- FW 2015 ‘A Litho Odd’: First collection – Presented in White Milano, Milan.
- SS 2016 ‘But Do Not Blame Lulu’: First home runway show in Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week, Malaysia – Presented in Tranoi, Paris.
- FW 2016 ‘The Pencil Pusher’: Selected as one of ‘The Latest Fashion Buzz’ in Pitti Uomo, Florence, and also presented during Shanghai Fashion Week, penetrating China for the first time.
- 2016 LVMH Prize: One of the 23 shortlisted designers.
- SS 2017 ‘Picnic in The Society’: Second home runway show in Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week, Malaysia, and also presented during Shanghai Fashion Week, China for the second time.
Uncover your potential. Enrol with Raffles today!