HIGHER ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMME (HELP)
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT IN HIGHER ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMME (HELP)
Educational and Industry Standard Benchmarks: International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Awarded by: Raffles College of Higher Education
Intakes: January, April, July, and October
Duration: 3 Months (Full-time)
– be able to cope with the language demands of their main area of study after completing the HELP
– function competently in a wide variety of English situations – professional, social, and academic
– identify and utilise the skills and strategies required for effective language learning
– develop competence in the four language skills essential to effective communication: speaking, listening, reading, and writing
– achieve a level of proficiency that is equivalent to IELTS 6.5
This course aims to enhance students’ ability to communicate using the appropriate approaches with various audiences, within the context of their respective majors, demonstrating increasing confidence in speaking at length on a topic of interest, as well as effectively using a variety of visual aids to enhance their delivery and message. Listeners should be able to understand information about business or design topics, identifying both general messages and some specific details in oral discourse.
This course aims to enhance students’ critical thinking skills and apply them in reading for research, seeking appropriate information, identifying relevant audiences, and conveying their ideas coherently and persuasively in the written form in a range of contexts and genres within their respective majors. Critical readers should be able to understand information about business or design topics in academic and professional settings.
- Course fees listed are in Singapore dollars.
- Prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be levied on the above fees.
- Each semester is six (06) months and each term is three (03) months.
- The dates of payment are subject to change by the School. Any change will be communicated to all students.
LIKE US AT